In one week I will be heading west for a mini vacation to Palm Springs. It has all come together very quickly but I am excited! My previous travel plans for that weekend got cancelled and I found myself with a long weekend to myself! I’m staying in NYC for this coming holiday weekend so I thought that maybe I should venture somewhere different. I looked on my list of places I want to travel to and decided to give Palm Springs a go!
Tues I booked my flight, Wednesday figured out where I am staying, and here I am on Thursday a week away and counting down the days!
If you haven’t seen it already check out todays blog post from Re-nest’s featuring our wallpaper, Beautiful, Eco-Friendly Wallpaper from Kimberly Lewis Home.
Also today Apartment Therapy posted the Design Evening recap that I spoke at.
I’ve been in a kind of blogging slump but yet awesome things are happening and going on around me so I’ve decided to start a new Sunday column highlighting some of the things that is going on with myself as well as my company.
1) I finally had the chance to eat a Red Hook Lobster Pound lobster roll (Maine style please!) I’m a born and raised New England girl so this definitely made my day! YUM!
2) Is it just me or is Zara sooo good these days? I’ve probably been spending a bit too much time in the one near my office and my last purchase was this Pique blazer. I’m officially banning myself until further notice!
3) I had some friends over my apartment on Saturday night and made some Sangria. My recipe often varies on whatever I feel like adding but this time it looked a little something like this one. I was so into all the prep and then people stared arriving that I totally forgot to take photos! Oh well, there will always be a next time!
4) I replaced some of my Ikea chairs that were only supposed to be temporary with some Thonet look a likes! They need to be reupholstered and I’m thinking of maybe refinishing them. I keep going back to this image that I pinned that is from DesignSponge. Thonet chairs painted in a poppy color make me swoon!
5) I’ve been busy working on sample books. I was really struggling with how I wanted to present my wallpaper in store but I think that today that I came up with a solution. Aren’t the above binders gorgeous colors? If you are interested in wholesaling with me shoot me an email! Taking on new wholesale accounts now!
Did you catch the Random Recast: Wallpaper Round-Up from last week? I curated four of my favorite projects to make with wallpaper scraps or sheets over on AOL’s DIYLife. I’ve been busy working on trying to get sample books out but I hope to be back to blogging in the next few days! I have lots to share photo wise as well as some projects I’ve been working on!
This week I can be found over at AOL’s do-it-yourself community DIY Life. I am sharing a new project everyday in the column Random Recast which focuses on using common household objects in non-traditional manners. I’ve curated a selection of projects for the week and they all focus on using wallpaper.
In todays project I use my wallpaper Marigny to make pinwheels. I think that these would make perfect centerpieces for a summer soiree! I am planning one soon and they may be making an appearance.
Make sure to stop by DIY Life everyday until Friday to see what else I’m up to!
We have also added wallpaper by the sheet recently. Perfect for framing or trying your hand at one of the projects I will be sharing on DIY Life. Find it over on the Kimberly Lewis Home website.
It has been a whirlwind week and we also celebrated with our 500th follower on Twitter! If we aren’t Twitter friends yet what are you waiting for?! Find me over @KLewisHome Looking forward to tweeting with you!
If you missed me speaking at Apartment Therapy’s Design Evening at ABC Carpet & Home last week don’t worry! The event was recorded and Livestreamed over at Apartment Therapy. You can check it out over here. There should be a follow up post in the works as well!
Maxwell snapped the above photo of me while introducing the collection. I’m so glad that I had the opportunity to be involved in this great event. A huge thanks to Apartment Therapy for having me as well as to everyone who showed up to support me!
Kimberly Lewis Home also made it into a recent Apartment Therapy post, 8 Brooklyn Wallpaper Designers to Watch. Thanks AT!
I am excited to let you all know that I will be speaking at the June Apartment Therapy Design Evening on Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at ABC Carpet & Home in NYC .
Maxwell will be talking about the Apartment Therapy, past, present and relaunch future as the main speaker. I will be doing a brief intro to my new collection of wallpaper that was recently launched at ICFF before he takes the stage. If you are in NYC I would love for you to come. You can RSVP over on Meetup. It is open to everyone!
If you are attending please leave a comment so that I will be on the lookout for you! There is another collaborations coming up too so stay tuned!
I want you to be the first to know about what is going on at Kimberly Lewis Home. Lets be friend facebook & twitter & RSS as well!